- 1 in 4 college women have either been raped or suffered attempted rape.
- 84% of the women who are raped knew their assailants.
- 57% of the rapes occurred on a date.
- Women ages 16-24 have 4 times higher risk of being raped than any other population group.
- 1 in 12 male students surveyed had committed acts that met the legal definition of rape.
- 16% of male students who had committed rape took part in episodes with more than one attacker’s gang rape.
- 75% of male students and 55% of female students involved in date rape had been drunk or using drugs.
- 33% of males surveyed said that they would commit rape if they could escape detection.
- 25% of men surveyed believed that rape was acceptable if: the woman asks the man out; or the man pays for the date; or the woman goes back to the man’s room after the date.
© 2011, Within this mind. All rights reserved.